- June 15, 2018: Connie is working hard to get the 2018 website complete but cannot get the waiver finished by sundown. She will get it up-to-date after the weekend.
- June 26, 2018: Connie has created a new waiver that combines the interests of both Camp Norland and your Sukkot hosts, so that you only need to sign one waiver. A copy of it will be given to the Camp Director when we arrive. Please remember to print and sign that PDF and send it to Connie with your registration as soon as possible.
- June 26, 2018: In the process of preparing the waiver, Connie noticed that Camp Norland’s Statement of Faith is printed at the bottom of the Camp’s own waiver. Therefore she added a page to the website where you can read that statement.
- September 18, 2018: It’s almost time for Sukkot! We’ll be waiting for you at the Retreat Centre door after noon on September 23rd. If you arrive around lunch time please bring your own bag lunch; the first meal we’re serving is supper at about 5:30.
- September 18, 2018: We have updated several pages of the website. The one changed the most is the Schedule page: we have added an additional half hour to breakfast time (including a hot breakfast), moved the exercise time, added shofar blowing, and added Shema recitations among other things. We hope to also have a printed schedule of specific activities when you arrive or shortly thereafter.
- September 18, 2018: If you have not paid for your registration yet, please put it in an envelope with your name on it and give it to Connie as soon as you arrive. If you are giving us a cheque, please make it out to “The Way Home Group Sukkot”.
- September 18, 2018: If you have not yet signed and given us your waiver, please sign one immediately upon arrival on behalf of your family.
- September 18, 2018: Remember, you need to bring your own pillows, bedding and towels. You also need to bring your best dress-up clothes for our gala evening. If you are bringing a First Fruit offering of food, please take that to the kitchen.
- September 18, 2018: We are having a mikveh this year! If you wish to be mikvehed, please bring appropriate modest clothing, water-safe shoes, and extra towels.
- September 18, 2018: If you have a portable gazebo, could you bring it? We’d like to put one on the front deck and maybe some other spots on the property.
- September 22, 2018: If you need to contact us for directions to get to the Camp, please call Mike at (705) 698-9060. Please use that number also if you need to talk to Connie, Bob or Huguette.
- September 22, 2018: Please remember to bring your pillows, bedding and towels!
- Please remember that we are guests of a Christian camp that has stated in their Code of Conduct that no alcohol or drugs are permitted anywhere on the property. Smoking is not permitted either. Anyone who needs to indulge must leave the property to do so.
- Please do not wander off into the woods alone.
- Please, everyone, maintain modest dress and behaviour at all times. We do not want to see PJ’s in the conference hall! You might want to bring some inside shoes/slippers and your outside shoes. This will help us keep the floors clean and reduce clean-up time.
- We recognize that adults cannot be forced to keep a curfew. However people need their sleep, so we will appreciate you being really quiet between 11:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.